SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] parking for the meeting
- To: John Ferlito <johnf@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] parking for the meeting
- From: Craige McWhirter <craigem@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri Nov 24 16:21:20 2000
- Cc: James Wilson <jamewils@xxxxxxxxx>, slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux 2.2.17-idepci i686; en-US; m18) Gecko/20001018
Any chance we can move SLUG meetings to the Northern Beaches? No
train lines = no problems! ;) and the cab fare will be cheaper for
me (always looking after #1).
Perhaps we can hold meetings on the Manly ferry (2 return trips
should see us out).
John Ferlito wrote:
On Fri, Nov 24, 2000 at 03:34:56PM +1100, James Wilson wrote:
OT i know, but i hear there was a car break-in recently at a SLUG meet...
Im wondering if anyone has suggestions as to where one could park near by
to UTS safe in the knowledge the car will be there upon returning :) -- for
those of us not near a train line.
Tips for parking in the city.
Before you leave you're car take everything out of it. and I mean
everything. Then you're fairly unlikely to get broken into. When I say
everything I mean everything
* The jumper you have lying on the back seat - It could have 20 cents
in one of it's pockets
* the 5c lying on the floor in the back seat you think noone can see.
- Yeah it's only 5c but it's partway towards buying that packet of
* The empty packet of cigarettes on the seat - they don't know that it's
Basically the rule is, if you're car is as empty as it is when
it came out of the showroom then there's not much point in someone
breaking you're window when the next car does have that pair of sunnies
on the dash and is a sure bet.
Don't make it easier make it harder.
Oh yeah don't just take everything out of the car and put it in
the boot when you get there. Someone will see you put it in the boot and
break into the boot because they saw you put stuff there.
CSE I, Global On Site Services
SLUG - Sydney Linux User Group Mailing List - http://slug.org.au/
More Info: http://slug.org.au/lists/listinfo/slug
Apt-get a clue. Apt-get Debian.