SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] parking for the meeting
- To: James Wilson <jamewils@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] parking for the meeting
- From: John Ferlito <johnf@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri Nov 24 15:42:47 2000
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mutt/1.2.5i
On Fri, Nov 24, 2000 at 03:34:56PM +1100, James Wilson wrote:
> OT i know, but i hear there was a car break-in recently at a SLUG meet...
> Im wondering if anyone has suggestions as to where one could park near by
> to UTS safe in the knowledge the car will be there upon returning :) -- for
> those of us not near a train line.
Tips for parking in the city.
Before you leave you're car take everything out of it. and I mean
everything. Then you're fairly unlikely to get broken into. When I say
everything I mean everything
* The jumper you have lying on the back seat - It could have 20 cents
in one of it's pockets
* the 5c lying on the floor in the back seat you think noone can see.
- Yeah it's only 5c but it's partway towards buying that packet of
* The empty packet of cigarettes on the seat - they don't know that it's
Basically the rule is, if you're car is as empty as it is when
it came out of the showroom then there's not much point in someone
breaking you're window when the next car does have that pair of sunnies
on the dash and is a sure bet.
Don't make it easier make it harder.
Oh yeah don't just take everything out of the car and put it in
the boot when you get there. Someone will see you put it in the boot and
break into the boot because they saw you put stuff there.
> James Wilson
> Cisco Systems
> CSE I, Global On Site Services
> SLUG - Sydney Linux User Group Mailing List - http://slug.org.au/
> More Info: http://slug.org.au/lists/listinfo/slug
The difference between a good man and a bad one is the
choice of cause - William James