RE: [SLUG] Secondary DNS {?? & free 2nd MX}

> Judging from the comments on made other mailing lists, there appears to
> be a general consensus that relying on GraniteCanyon may be the
> problematic. Another alternative site is Central Information Services
> at www.centralinfo.net, they provide free Primary and Secondary DNS.

As a long time granite canyon user I'd just like to make few comments about
GraniteCanyon.
1. It is true that updates take a long time to process and there has been
two ocassions where it was impossible to submit new domains/updates through
their web interface for some time.
2. Having said that, their actual DNS service is pretty bulletproof. I've
been using the for about 10 domains for over a year now and have not
experienced any service outage for the domains.

I guess the moral of the story is that if you are only going to run web
server and mail server and are very unlikely to update your zone I would
recommend them. If you need frequent/fast zone updates that you probably
should look elsewhere.

Dave.

--
David Zverina