[SLUG] WINDOW 2000 & SAMBA SERVER

Hi All

I have never used WinNT nor Window 2000. However, Just recently the company has decided to buy 1 notebook installed with Win2000 Professional. I have not been able to connect to the LAN. The tcp/ip stack is installed properly. I can receive email and serve the web. However, neither the Win2000 machine can see anyone on the LAN nor establishing any share. On the other hand machines in the workgroup cannot see this Win2000 machine either. There must be some settings I have not done. I read about net redirector in the workstation services. Any pointer would be much appreciated.

Cheers
David