SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Quick Unixy Q.
- To: Ken Yap <ken@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Quick Unixy Q.
- From: Howard Lowndes <lannet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu Nov 23 07:24:26 2000
- Cc: Sydney Linux Users Group <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
I also find it very useful for wiping an HDD
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/hd?
Very useful if you have trouble frying a pre-existing partition table or
a dodgy HDD.
LANNet Computing Associates <http://www.lannet.com.au>
On Thu, 23 Nov 2000, Ken Yap wrote:
> >Here's a quick one... What is /dev/zero used for, and what are a few good