Re: [SLUG] mutt

On Sat, Nov 18, 2000 at 05:43:09PM +1100, John Ferlito wrote:
> 	Quick mutt question. When I write someone an email I want mutt
> to fcc a copy to local disk. Now what I've noticed is that it only does
> this if the folder on the disk already.
>
> eg if I email anthony@blah it will put in an Fcc=anthony field and save
> it because an anthony folder exists.
>
> but if I email sakjdgh@blah it doesn't because the folder doesn;t exist.
>
> Anyone have any ideas on how to make it always save a copy to the
> relevant folder?

I've always found it a bit cumbersome to have outgoing folders on the
basis of who I sent to - I tend to prefer knowing when I sent so I use:

set record=$HOME/mail/2000/sent-mail-`date +%b-%C%y | tr '[A-Z]' '[a-z]'`

Hopefully that is useful to you,
Anand

--
Linux.Conf.Au			--		http://linux.conf.au/
17th - 20th January, 		--		Alan Cox, David Miller,