SLUG Mailing List Archives
RE: [SLUG] static Ip addresses
- To: "Alister Waller" <alister@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <marty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: RE: [SLUG] static Ip addresses
- From: "David Kempe" <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri Nov 17 16:43:59 2000
- Cc: "Slug" <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
I use a vpn with dynamic ips all the time.
I use dyndns to connect to the dynamic hostnames.
If you are on adsl, where the ip won't change much, you can use dyndns's
static hostname service... look it all up at www.dyndns.org
hope that helps.
> Thanks, thought my logic was a little confused.
> Telstra say static IP's for ADSL will be out in FEB.
> I might just put up with what we have now...56K modem, until then
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: Marty Richards [mailto:marty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
> > Sent: Friday, 17 November 2000 10:31 AM
> > To: 'Alister Waller'
> > Subject: RE: [SLUG] static Ip addresses
> > Not really. You might be able to setup a scheme where a box on their
> > network re-routes requests to a fixed Ip on their subnet to your dynamic
> > ip... you'd have to find some really cute way of updating the
> > though... not nice ;(