SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Via chipset sound configuration
- To: Gareth Walters <garethw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Via chipset sound configuration
- From: Dean Hamstead <zort@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu Nov 9 17:37:02 2000
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Reply-to: dean@xxxxxxxxxxx
Try the ALSA sound drivers.
> Gareth Walters wrote:
> G'day all,
> I have a number of VIA chipset motherboards with onboard sound
> that I am having a great deal of difficulty getting to work. I have
> tried configuring kernel 2.2.17 but when I try and install the
> via82cxxx module all I get is..
> Device or resource busy.
> and the module does not load.
> I checked the kernel docs and nothing seems appropriate for my
> hardware and the sound howto still left me in the dark.
> I am really confused.
> TIA for any assistance.
> ---Gareth Walters