SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Floppy Disk Memory Stick Adapters and Linux???
- To: johnf@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Floppy Disk Memory Stick Adapters and Linux???
- From: Mehmet Ozdemir <mehmeto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu Nov 9 16:31:02 2000
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx, smilie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Reply-to: Mehmet Ozdemir <mehmeto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > However... How will Linux handle it? Is it proprietory? How
> would linux
> > handle a 64M floppy?
> > Would I have to get the floppy adapter for the mavica, and some
> > stick adapter for Linux?
> > It's a pity these kinds of questions are never answered in
> > "hardware reviews"...
> How does windows handle it. From what I've read in the
> brochures you just stick the disks in any machine and you don't
> need any
> special drivers.
This was a while back, but from my research I thought that the Memory
Stick to Floppy adaptor DID use drivers under windows, and once
installed it would be transparent. That's why when I save up the money
I'm going for the CD1000.
This message powered by EMUMAIL. -- http://www.EMUMAIL.com