SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] "idled" daemon
- To: r.polanskis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] "idled" daemon
- From: Michael Still <mikal@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed Nov 8 11:17:05 2000
- Cc: Stephen Robert Norris <srn@xxxxxxxxx>, Some Linux Users Group <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
On Tue, 7 Nov 2000, Rachel Polanskis wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Nov 2000, Stephen Robert Norris wrote:
> > Sydney Uni used to do this too - the privacy laws stopped them, as they needed
> > the student IDs to be "private" so they could use them to give out exams
> > results etc.
> Could you please elucidate on this?
> Any information you have would be much appreciated.
> I would also be interested in seeing any relevant documentation or
> rulings that support this. Is there anyone at USyd that I can talk to
> that knows more?
Its not just USyd. University of Canberra went through the same process...
Michael Still (mikal@xxxxxxxxxxx)
- Panda PDF Generation Library (http://www.stillhq.com/panda/)
- GPG Public Key at http://www.stillhq.com/mikal.asc