SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] "idled" daemon
- To: Stephen Robert Norris <srn@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] "idled" daemon
- From: Rachel Polanskis <r.polanskis@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue Nov 7 20:14:57 2000
- Cc: Some Linux Users Group <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: r.polanskis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, 7 Nov 2000, Stephen Robert Norris wrote:
> Sydney Uni used to do this too - the privacy laws stopped them, as they needed
> the student IDs to be "private" so they could use them to give out exams
> results etc.
Could you please elucidate on this?
Any information you have would be much appreciated.
I would also be interested in seeing any relevant documentation or
rulings that support this. Is there anyone at USyd that I can talk to
that knows more?
Rachel Polanskis Kingswood, Greater Western Sydney, Australia
"Yow! Am I having fun yet?!" - John Howard^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H Zippy the Pinhead