Re: [SLUG] How to find if a package is on Suse installation cdrms

> On Fri, 3 Nov 2000, Terry Collins wrote:
> > I'm searching for bison, flex, etc for lilypond and I want to see if a
> > version of each was distributed on the Suse6.4 installation cdroms.

There is a file called ARCHIVES on one of the CDROMS in SUSE which is
like a "rpm -qli all" which is a listing with description of all
packages on all 6 SUSE disks.

Its so useful I copied Jilla nd I to our local directory. Now we just
grep in there 1st and it tells us on what CD and in what directory a
file is. You can search for any lieky word in its description.

Mike
Michael Lake
Active caver, Linux enthusiast and interested in anything technical.
Safety Convenor, Australian Speleological Federation
Owner, Speleonics (Australia)