SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] WU-FTP Configuration
- To: Peter Worboys <pworboys@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] WU-FTP Configuration
- From: Howard Lowndes <lannet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu Nov 2 20:45:23 2000
- Cc: Slug List <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
" For example, in /etc/passwd, the real
Account:/ftp/./incoming:/etc/ftponly When guest1 successfully
logs in, the ftp server will chroot("/ftp") and then
chdir("/incoming"). The guest user will only be able to
access the directory structure under /ftp (which will look and act as / to
guest1), just as an anonymous FTP user would."
LANNet Computing Associates <http://www.lannet.com.au>
On Thu, 2 Nov 2000, Peter Worboys wrote:
> Is there a convenient method of configuring wu-ftp (shipped with RH) so that
> non-anonymous connections can only see their own directory tree. Something
> akin to doing a chroot !
> I don't really want people looking in any directories except their own
> whilst ftp'ing.