SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Mad Mouse under Kde on Suse 6.4
- To: Some Linux Users Group <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Mad Mouse under Kde on Suse 6.4
- From: Heracles <renee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed Nov 1 21:44:53 2000
- Reply-to: heracles@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Terry Collins wrote:
> James Wilkinson wrote:
> > Dirty balls? can't help more than that, sorry.
> If you are under the impression that it might be dirty balls then I
> haven't made myself clear. It is definitely not a dirty ball or rollers.
> It is like the left mouse button is being clicked very fast, repeatedly,
> on everything the cursor passes over.
> Somewhere something is broken, very badly.
> Anyway, if anyone has any ideas, much appreciated.
If it is a serial MS Mouse that you are using, there are several
1. The com port may not be set to run at 1200 baud. It really
2. gpm may be running and this often interferes with the operation
of some mice in X
3. The mouse may be faulty.
Case 1 - run SaX and fix the problem remembering to use keys only
until you apply the changes.
Case 2 - add gpm -k to the beginning of the startx script.
Case 3 - Either pull the mouse apart and fix it of replace it.
Stay well and happy