Re: [SLUG] Perl splitting help

On 24-Jul-2000 Rick Welykochy wrote:
> I guess an interesting counter question (from which you would
> learn even more) is this: Why is Visual Basic such an awful
> language and why do language gurus laugh when you say you've
> written such and such in it? I know this is *not* applicable to
> SLUG, since the VB virus has not infected Linux - nor is it ever likely
> too - we hope and pray! ... but it is an interesting computer
> language phenomenon or abberation.

"13 ways to loathe VB..."

http://www.exe.co.uk/Stob/stobpull.asp?page=jan00.html

In the subject of VB, you may also find

http://www.exe.co.uk/Stob/stobpull.asp?page=apr00.html

amusing.

BTW, this is the same Verity Stob who in Nov 1996 predicted:

2001 All flavours of UNIX finally converge; on the Linux standard.

I suspect Nostradamus would be green with envy at such predictive powers.

--
Jim Hague - jim.hague@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Work), jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Play)
Never trust a computer you can't lift.