SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Perl splitting help
- To: Jamie Honan <jhonan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Perl splitting help
- From: Steve Kowalik <stevenk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun Jul 23 18:16:06 2000
- Cc: Slug List <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Perl is useful for text processing, as is awk and sed. I am, for
example using perl to take the 'uptime' command and parse it, and grab the
load average, which a snmpd will grab, and then send it onto to MRTG to
graph. I do agree that Perl is very hard to understand, and regexp makes
it even harder, but Perl has its place, as does awk, sed and python.
Netscape: Now With A Process That Just Won't F**king Die!!