Re: [SLUG] Perl splitting help

On Sun, 23 Jul 2000, Jamie Honan wrote:

> Am I alone in believing that is _precisely_ what is wrong with perl?
> That a useful, generic programming pattern has been replaced with
> something obscure and difficult to discern.
> And hence, leads to the charge "write only language".

<grinning> Next you will tell me that Windows is great because there is
only one way to do it. Well Linux is like Perl, do it how you want and
forget the rest. We all think differently.

> Friday night, pistols or swords?

Um, a sword can be used for lots of tasks, so I suppose I will have to
take the sword. ;-)

Rodos

--
rodos@xxxxxxxxxxx | The first step in fixing a broken program is getting
Camion Technology | it to fail repeatably.         [Tom Duff, Bell Labs]