Re: [SLUG] [WAY OT] RC Hovercraft

----- Original Message -----
From: Matt Allen <Matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, July 15, 2000 11:31 PM
Subject: [SLUG] [WAY OT] RC Hovercraft

> Sorry for the OTness of this but here goes:
>
> I got myself this kick-ass Radio Controlled Hovercraft right? and it
absolutly
> flies ! but it doesnt idol. it revs its porverbial off all the time, ive
fiddled
> with the idol screw and the fuel screw but to avail.
>
> My question is, is there anyone on this list that knows about petrol
powered
> Radio controlled vehicles/engines and would like to get together and help
me
> tune the little bugger?  This is my first Petrol powered RC hobby and
would like
> to get it running right on land before i hit the water.
>
> BTW. Their page is at : http://www.ozemail.com.au/~turbohov/allander.htm
>
> Thanks,
> Matta

I am no expert but I think that your craft should have some sort of clutch
so that when no controls are being applied the craft should rev with minimal
power to motion mechanisms. I'm not sure why it is reving is proverbial off.
I have fiddled with petrol powered RC cars and I've never had such a
problem.

RunTimeError
rte@xxxxxxxxxxxx
MLUG - Mudgee Linux User Group