Re: [SLUG] Appletalk/IPX Printer ?

jasonb@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

...snip....

> > Have you tried feeding an IP to it with arp?
>
> That is an interesting thought.  The only protocol options available via
> the configuration menu are Netware, Appletalk and LexLink - whatever that
> is.  I just assumed IP was not and could not be supported.  It is worth
> playing with it though.

aah, I have a early MIO in my HP4V and the config stuff only allows
and retains IPX and Netbeiu. It will however take an IP address from
bootp and that is how the linux boxes all print to it. Give it a try.

   email: terryc@xxxxxxxxxx  www: http://www.woa.com.au
       or terryc@xxxxxxxxxx
   snail:  PO Box 1047, Campbelltown, NSW 2560.