Re: SLUg Archive, FAQ, HOW-TO's, etc, was Re: [SLUG] Linux + Cable Internet ?

On Thu, Jul 20, 2000 at 07:03:16AM +1000, Terry Collins wrote:
> Andrew Macks wrote:
> >
> > *Andrew wonders quite seriously if a digest is mentioned on the mailing
> > list page on the SLUG website*
>
> Well, if EVERYONE wrote just ONE HOW-I-DID-IT PAGE, SLUG would have a
> very good resource that we could point the newbies to.

I'm in the process of setting up FoM (FAQ-o-matic) for this purpose.

> I am not suggesting that they write a formal HOW-TO, just a rambling
> page of text describing how they did something under Linux. It would
> give some clues and encourage quite a few people to have a go first.
> Then they can come back with their questions.

Anyone can add questions (and answers) -- or will once I've set it up.

Does anyone want to be an "editor" of any of the section topics (which
are still undecided -- suggestions welcome).

Anand