SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] bigphysarea.2.2.14.patch howto on RH6.2
- To: George Vieira <georgev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] bigphysarea.2.2.14.patch howto on RH6.2
- From: Graeme Merrall <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon Jul 17 21:22:35 2000
- Cc: "'slug@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Organization: Inetix E-Commerce
George Vieira wrote:
> Has anybody done a patch for kernel 2.2.14 (RH 6.2) for the
> bigphysarea.2.2.14.patch ?
> How do you apply it, I did this years ago and I haven't played with the
> kernel for so long now...
> I remember it to be something like
> patch patchfile1 file2
You don't mean 'patch < patchfile' do you? I usually run it with -p0.
Running it with --dry-run is also a handy thing to do.