SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Linux on the desktop predictions
- To: Sydney Linux Users Group <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Linux on the desktop predictions
- From: Ken Yap <ken@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon Jul 17 16:15:35 2000
- Reply-to: ken@xxxxxxxxxx (Ken Yap)
>Sure. When I see that, I'll be riding to the ball in a pumpkin. But I would
>never argue the use of a GUI for such a thing! My argument was placed in the
>context of advanced user interfaces.
More likely instead of "advanced user interfaces" there will be
specialised appliances. Does your phone have an "advanced user
interface"? It has buttons for frequently called numbers maybe. Does your
toaster have a speech recognition unit? Sorry, I don't believe those "in
future you will talk to your appliances in natural language" predictions.