Re: [SLUG] Evolution Debs Available!

Jeff Waugh wrote:

> Hi Debian Weenies,
>
> Wanna play with Evolution? Add this to your /etc/apt/sources.list:
>
>   deb ftp://ftp.helixcode.com/helix/evolution/distributions/Debian ./
>
> I'm currently sucking it down, so I can't give a review... Thought you'd
> like to know anyway.
I've had a look. It's, well, very Outlook like. Only a coupla functions
work such as email and calendar. IMAP needs a little work to get going
and some menus are incomplete/absent. Having said all that, the 0.2
release has a truck load of bug fixes and enhancements. While not ready
for prime time yet, I'd say by 0.5 or 0.6 she's gonna look pretty saucy
and warrant a serious play.
I installed the 0.2 RPM myself.  Installing 0.1 from source was a bitch.

Cheers,
 Graeme