Re: [SLUG] Going around in circles

Conrad Parker wrote:
> In fact, -U works even when no previous version of the package is
> already installed (ie. it will install a fresh package for you) and
> consequently I never use -i, only -U, even for installing new stuff.

Another useful option (recently added) is -F.
	-i = install this package (which is not installed)
	-U = install this package, upgrading if already installed
	-F = upgrade this package if an older version is installed

I've done a Redhat 6.1 to 6.2 upgrade without using the installer, simply
by going
	rpm -F *
in the 6.2 RPMs directory!  (Though it did take an ungodly amount of
time calculating all the dependencies.)

Danny.