Re: [SLUG] User Groups

On Thu, Jul 13, 2000 at 03:02:04PM +1000, RunTimeError (rte@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> Thanks for that info about user groups.
>
> I am located in a town 3 hours west of Sydney called Mudgee. The prefered o/s is a Microsoft one, mainly because people just havent heard of anything other. One of our local ISPs is running their servers on Windows 98!
>  I got a few friends interested in Linux but i want people to know that they dont need to be cought in Microsofts o/s monopoly.
> The Mudgee Linux User Group should be established within a few weeks.

Maybe you could "look" a little further.

Get a few of those guys together, do a little RTFM and open
an ISP.

As YOUR ISP will be more reliable, faster, more options etc YOU
will be the way to go and out of a hobby you make some kewl bucks.

jobst

--
Bowman: Open the pod bay doors, HAL.

|            __, Jobst Schmalenbach, jobst@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Technical Director|
|  _ _.--'-n_/   Barrett Consulting Group P/L & The Meditation Room P/L      |
|-(_)------(_)=  +61 3 9532 7677, POBox 277, Caulfield South, 3162, Australia|