Re: [SLUG] backup methods

On Wed, 30 Aug 2000, Alex Salmon generated:

>The boxes are mainly winbloze so it has to be able to handle file names w/
>spaces etc and NOT change them into %20 as it did last time arrg. I have
>ruled out just using a web or ftp server because of speed and filename
>problems.  Are there any systems that dont open a new data connection for
>each file as this dramiticly reduces speed..

Perhaps put smbclient on the linux machine you're backing up to, and
make a share on each machine you want backed up.  Cron job then calls
smbclient to copy across all the shares you want backed up.

--
jamesw

"We're like sisters... with really different hair!"
		-- Cordelia Chase, Buffy the Vampire Slayer
jamesw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx