SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] backup methods
- To: SLUG <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] backup methods
- From: James Wilkinson <jamesw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed Aug 30 22:57:35 2000
- Reply-to: James Wilkinson <jamesw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- User-agent: Mutt/1.0.1i
On Wed, 30 Aug 2000, Alex Salmon generated:
>The boxes are mainly winbloze so it has to be able to handle file names w/
>spaces etc and NOT change them into %20 as it did last time arrg. I have
>ruled out just using a web or ftp server because of speed and filename
>problems. Are there any systems that dont open a new data connection for
>each file as this dramiticly reduces speed..
Perhaps put smbclient on the linux machine you're backing up to, and
make a share on each machine you want backed up. Cron job then calls
smbclient to copy across all the shares you want backed up.
"We're like sisters... with really different hair!"
-- Cordelia Chase, Buffy the Vampire Slayer