SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Help with rm
- To: russell.davies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Help with rm
- From: "Stuart Cooper" <stucoope@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue Aug 29 10:37:43 2000
- Cc: georgev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
rm -rf /bad/directory
this deletes the directory as well, you can mkdir /bad/directory again
afterwards if you need that directory to be there.
also as someone pointed out, instead of 'echo *', you can use 'ls'.
'echo *' is handy when your machine is sick (you might be short on
memory and you can't start new processes for example; echo is a shell builtin
and is therefore more efficient as you will find out) but when
all you want to do is generate a list of filenames, ls is your friend.