SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] perl substitution of metacharacter
- To: "Stuart Cooper" <stucoope@xxxxxxxxx>, r.polanskis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] perl substitution of metacharacter
- From: Erich Schulz <erich@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon Aug 28 14:08:28 2000
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Organization: Instrumental Technologies
- Reply-to: erich@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> My entry in the "neat one liner" competition to do this is:
> $ perl -p -i -e "s/\000//g" infile
> in the days before Perl you would use sed to do it.
I would still use sed to do it, in particular from a shell script which may
process a large number of files.
Sed is much quicker to load than perl.
PO Box 6028, Lake Munmorah, NSW 2259
Ph: (+61)0500 551 228 , Fax: (+612) 43583113
Mob: 0408 201 228