Re: [SLUG] quick dsp problem

ah er yer sorry
let me clarify
Mandrake 7.1
full install base cd & the 1st applications cd
he is using X 4 (but could this effect even console stuff)
he says he hasent done anything w/ DrakConf that may effect anything or so
he says.
He hasent had any sound at all even during/after install

I telneted in and checked out the sym links and dsp links to /dev/dsp0

The sound volume on speakers is up and it works fine in win but cause it
cant access dsp it complains when he tries to open kmix or other mixers.

Where are sound configerations kept. (is x sound handled the same as
console sound). Im wondering if i can reset it somehow.

thanks all
ghoti