SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] debian 2.2 (potato) released
- To: marty <marty@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] debian 2.2 (potato) released
- From: Heracles <renee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed Aug 16 21:42:49 2000
- Cc: Dan Treacy <treacy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jeff Waugh <jdub@xxxxxxxxxxx>, SLUG <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: heracles@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > This brings up and interesting point and I'm not trying to start any distro
> > religious wars but might it not be a bad idea to have our own "official
> > distro advocates/evangelists" Maybe someone for each distro (well most of
> > the more prominent ones anyway) in an identifying t-shirt or the like that
> > can be available to "inform" the newbies as far as any specific distro
> > questions.
> ok... hands up who **doesn't** want to wear a debian t-shirt...
> anyone... ??
I tried Debian once (version 1.0 I think - it was on my Slackware CD back in
about 93 or 4) and it was a pain to install. I have found SuSE much better. I
admit that Debian MAY have improved a little over the last few years, but why
wear a Debian shirt if you can't even get it to install????
Saty well and happy