Re: [SLUG] ICMP 0 DoS attack

Anyone know of any software out there that can detect a DoS attack and react

Howard Lowndes <lannet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> on 11/08/2000 08:04:50 AM

To:   Mail List - SLUG <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Mail List - Oz-ISP
Subject:  [SLUG] ICMP 0 DoS attack

If anyone has noticed an ICMP type 0 DoS attack in the past day or so
could they please contact me off list.

I suffered one for exactly 5 hours yesterday, specifically targetted at my
publicly accessible server.  It flatlined my link, unfortunately I wasn't
in the office at the time so I didn't know about it until too late.

LANNet Computing Associates <http://www.lannet.com.au>