From: George Vieira [mailto:georgev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, 7 August 2000 11:46 AM
To: 'slug@xxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: [SLUG] ISPs and Permanent Static IPs

Hi y'all,

We are currently looking at changing ISPs due to the fact that our current
ISP moved us off the LAN link to Telstra and onto the satellite link which
is 500ms slower. Since doing so we have requested them to put us back and
now they're trying to charge us for it.

So now I'm looking for a better ISP to provide us with 16 static IPs and a
frame relay or whateva media necessary for a decent link... I was thinking
cable but they probbly charge an arm and a leg for it and possibly don't
have static IPs yet but I actually don't know. ASDL is another thought but
it's not available yet....

Anybody care to throw some names or something...

thanks,
George Vieira
Network Administrator
Citadel Computer Systems P/L