Re: [SLUG] ADSL, physical installation

On Fri, Aug 04, 2000 at 08:44:37PM +1000, Jon Biddell wrote:
> What they do, I believe is bring the ADSL in on the second pair - your
> phone line (well, most - mine wasn't !!) has 2 pairs, one as a "reserve",
> which they use for the second phone line / ADSL / whatever...

	Nope it comes in on the phone line your phone is connected to. Telstras current policy is you have to have a connected telstra service to get ADSL. One of the whole points of it is that you can use ADSL and your net connection at the same time because it shares the same peice of copper.

> Anyone have any idea when they are going to be rolling ADSL out to us "poor
> people" in the country (Kurrajong Exchange) ??

John Ferlito                                Ph: +612 9253 5755
Systems Engineer                           Fax: +612 9247 5276
Pacific Internet (Aust) Pty Ltd      http://www.pacific.net.au
<<Internet Wholesalers to Australian Business>>  NASDAQ: PCNTF