Re: [SLUG] Broadband access with permanent IP address?

Rev Simon Rumble wrote:

...snip...

> Otherwise, as Mr Wiltshire says, consider hosting your web server etc
> elsewhere and go for the non-permanent.  Do you REALLY have the
> infrastructure to support it 24/7 anyway?  UPS?  24/7 support?  Air
> conditioned computer room?  Generator?

Really depends on what you are doing:

Call centre  - all the above in a big way.
E-commerce - highly recommended, balance against lost income when off
line; business risk analysis,

Small flag waver like WOA = we dream of 1: air conditioning = bigger
fan, UPS = when hell freezes over, but alread have 24x7 (beeping =
mail coming in = still going = sleep on).

   email: terryc@xxxxxxxxxx  www: http://www.woa.com.au
       or terryc@xxxxxxxxxx
   snail:  PO Box 1047, Campbelltown, NSW 2560.