Re: [SLUG] SQL Servers

My 2c (inc GST)

mySql is NOT a relational database - it does not have foreign keys or
transactions.
It does not support host variables / embedded SQL
It does not support sub-selects (select column from table where
another_column = (select pk_col from another_table where ....))

I have written a fairly biggish set of cgi programs in C using mySQL, it is
simple enough to use, seems reliable?, but I felt like I was using a 'toy'
database.

I am about to get into PostgresSQL, and from what I have read so far, it
seems vastly superior.

BTW, there is another contender, Interbase is open source now....

Regards