SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Repeated FAQs page
- To: George Vieira <georgev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Repeated FAQs page
- From: Anand Kumria <wildfire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu Nov 23 16:39:55 2000
- Cc: "Sydney Linux Users Group in Sydney (E-mail)" <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mutt/1.2i
On Wed, Nov 22, 2000 at 09:58:00AM +1100, George Vieira wrote:
> Hi all,
> Does anybody agree that it might be an idea to have some sort of nicely
> nested FAQs web page on FA'SLUG'Q placed on the page instead of an archive.
> Archives are sometimes hard to search and I thought possibly a nested
> "folder=topic" type listing would be easier to find.. Here's what I'm trying
> to express...
> I know this is probably hard to maintain but is it worth it compared to the
> number of emails we get which has been covered over and over again?
Actually it isn't that hard to do.
Jeff and I had a difference of opinion over Faq-o-matic (which is
one program which does automated FAQ stuff).
I've not had time to look at other options (e.g. faqwizard); the
conference stuff is time consuming.
Linux.Conf.Au -- http://linux.conf.au/
17th - 20th January, -- Alan Cox, David Miller,
Sydney, Australia -- Tridge, maddog and you?