SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Net Slowness... Telstra Dirty Tricks?
- To: Crossfire <xfire@xxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Net Slowness... Telstra Dirty Tricks?
- From: Marty <marty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed Nov 22 08:58:29 2000
- Cc: marty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, dean@xxxxxxxxxxx, slug@xxxxxxxxxxx, rob@xxxxxxxxxx
- Organisation: Australian Creative Computing Pty. Ltd.
> Telstra has the ability to reroute through satalites... I think you may find
> some of the smaller ISPs don't... Last I heard from anybody, Telstra is
> running at 75% of their normal capacity by rerouting a LOT of traffic over
> satelite links.
hang on. telstra the backbone provider needs to be differentiated from
bigpond. bigpond and any ISP that connects to telstra's backbone is
feeling the effects of this. bigpond itself can't avail itself of extra
satellite capacity, it should be lining up with every other ISP on
telstra's backbone for the a slice of the reduced capacity. if bigpond is
getting preferential treatment, all the other ISPs should be kicking up a