SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Idiot file remove
- To: Jon Biddell <jon@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Idiot file remove
- From: Heracles <renee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue Nov 21 22:34:30 2000
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Reply-to: heracles@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jon Biddell wrote:
> While playing around with my tape drive, I appear to have created a
> tar file in /backup called '-z'
> And no amount of rm'ing will move it.
> Any clues ?
Nor sure about on tape, but have you tried renaming it. Something
mv *z fred.tar might work. I know in DRDOS I could always use the
wildcards to get around unusual characters in filenames.
Stay well and happy