SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Debian + alsa + reiserfs + make-kpkg
- To: Some Linux Users Group <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Debian + alsa + reiserfs + make-kpkg
- From: James Wilkinson <jamesw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed Nov 15 00:07:51 2000
- Reply-to: Some Linux Users Group <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- User-agent: Mutt/1.2.5i
This one time, at band camp, I said:
>I've checked /usr/share/doc/blah/ for alsa and reiser values of blah and
>there is sweet fa there (well, a README.Debian which tells me nothing)
>on how to install these patches the Debian way. Sure, i can drive
>patch, but i'm guessing there is some magic command to stick them into
>the kernel tree before i 'make menuconfig'.
So then I read the manpage for make-kpkg and it explained the usage of
the --added_modules and --added_patches options.
And then I kicked myself.
Sure, I subscribe to USENET, but I only get it for the articles.