SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: Worse than that was: [SLUG] Lawyerly attachments
- To: Jeff Waugh <jdub@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Worse than that was: [SLUG] Lawyerly attachments
- From: Jason Rennie <jwrennie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun Nov 12 08:25:41 2000
- Cc: Mail List - SLUG <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> It's bandwidth and traffic though... and it's all free for us, so we
> shouldn't abuse it. Those lawyery bits are enough entropy-power for the
> server, we don't need to add to it. ;)
> [ Everything on this list is multiplied by... Hmmm... 468 times. ]
I don't suppose it would be worth adding a
[---snip below here---] rule to the filtering software.
I assume the attachments of legalese is simple done automatically, so if
the poster to slug simple stuck this on the bottom of the email, and let
the server at our end edit it for them automatically.
This would save bandwidth, assuming it could be done.