SLUG Mailing List Archives
RE: [SLUG] Re: Squid.....
- To: <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: RE: [SLUG] Re: Squid.....
- From: "Ian Ward" <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed Nov 8 09:04:53 2000
- Cc: "Sydney Linux Users Group" <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>>1) cache surfing of squid cache
>>2) per ip address / host accounting / reporting of sites visited and
>>If they can be run via a browser that will be a bonus.
I found that sqmgrlog was the best. It publishes a nice history log to html
with a date/time matrix so the suits can see the hourly useage. I found it
by following the links on the main squid org pages. The URL I have is now
dead, but I know you will find it easy enough.
Another one is squidclients, that produces a nice summary log with each PC's
totals. (good for inter-department billing).
If you are using proxy authentication, then the logs will be sorted by
username instead of hostname.