SLUG Mailing List Archives
[SLUG] MySQL and AUC
- To: lias@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [SLUG] MySQL and AUC
- From: "Simon Bryan" <sbryan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon Nov 6 13:31:00 2000
- Organization: OLMC Parramatta
- Reply-to: sbryan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am trying to install AUC to try on our intranet. It requires MYSql, which in
turn requires Perl5. When I try to install the rpm package for MySql it
complains of a failed dependency /usr/bin/perl5.
I did have /usr/bin/perl and /usr/bin/perl5.00503 so I created a link to perl5:
ln perl perl5
as the perl file was already a link to the perl5.00503 file (same file size and
date and same version number). I can now call perl three different ways when
logged in. They are all owned by root with rwx..x..x permissions.
MySQL still complains.
BTW I am using the rpm manager from within Webmin, but it has never let
me down before. I am also trying to install the MySQL Server package.
Any clues as to what might be wrong are appreciated.
Simon Bryan sbryan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Information Technology Manager sbryan@xxxxxxxxxx