Re: Lilypond, was Re: [SLUG] Music Editor/Notator

Hi there

Apparently, Steinberg software are looking into doing a version of Cubase for Linux because of the stability.

That will be the stuff!!!

Malcolm Tredinnick wrote:

> Aaah ... you fell for it! Imagine expecting the documentation to be
> included with the package just because that would be easy for the user.
> <sigh> :-)
>
> There is a link from the lilypond homepage
> http://www.cs.ruu.nl/~hanwen/lilypond/ to the user manual.

Thanks

For some reason I tried "make doc" and it produced a whole pile of doco.
Don't ask me why as I don't understand the GNUmakefile's that are
included in every directory of the tar.gz. Anyway, this produced
something under user and by passing something through latex I eventually
came up with some sort of reference manual.

Since then I've been playing with the examples on my first song. I've
worked out how to enter six verses, etc. Now I'm looking at how to make
it break music staff on verses/chorus, etc and papersize details. You
know, the stuff you really want to know, but it is as clear as mud and
not indexed or is explained someplace else..

After seeing what Liliypond can do, I'll leave Musixtex. Adding cords is
the hardest I'm going to need and I get all my timings come from the
word.

Taah all.

   email: terryc@xxxxxxxxxx  www: http://www.woa.com.au

NOTICE - This communication contains information which is confidential and
the copyright of Integral Energy Australia or a third party.

If you are not the intended recipient of this communication please delete
and destroy all copies and telephone Integral Energy on 131081
immediately. If you are the intended recipient of this communication you
should not copy, disclose  or distribute this communication without the
authority of Integral Energy.

Any views expressed in this Communication are those of the individual
sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of
Integral Energy.

Except as required at law, Integral Energy does not represent, warrant and/or
guarantee that the integrity of this communication has been maintained nor
that the communication is free of errors, virus, interception or inference.