SLUG Mailing List Archives
RE: [SLUG] ADSL on Linux
- To: George Vieira <georgev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: RE: [SLUG] ADSL on Linux
- From: Jason Rennie <jwrennie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun Nov 5 16:45:28 2000
- Cc: "'slug@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> For Tel$stra you must set up your NIC for DHCP which then it gets an IP and
> then you run the Tel$stra profile program which enables your connection (
> which i assume rp-PPoE does).
I have set it up, i was one of telstras first linux uisers with ADSL.
> I think the first step is to get the DHCP working. I tried setting the IP
> address of the linux box to what the I was on the Windows box and then
> connect the linux directly to the adsl modem, tried the adsl-start and it
> just won't work..
It DOES NOT use DHCP!
Run adsl-setup, follow the prompts, make sure the intercface the network
card is on is up, without an ip address and then run adsl-start.
Try running it in debug mode (you have read the docs haven't you) and see
what output you get.