Re: [SLUG] Extra buttons on the MS mice supported in X?

Im running Dean-Hat(tm) linux

Linux version 2.2.17pre16

i have in my kernel....
agpgart
3dfx
i2c (cvs)
lmsensors (cvs)
v3tv (cvs)
alsa 5.9d

i used to have ali-ide and usb but they are now in the 2.2.x kernels
Ive also been meaning to put ext3 in.

X3.3.6 (i like UT, what can i say?)

just get kernel 2.2.17 and compile in usb
i would recommend just compiling it all the way in
keyboard and mouse support, and making everything else
modules. That will save you some fiddle and since mouse
and keyboards are all from the same drivers anyway, i
dont see any real reason not to.

asuuming your using make xconfig help the little help button
thingy and it tells you how to mknod the devices

youll need to add....
none            /proc/bus/usb             usbdevfs        defaults   0
0

to /etc/fstab also

if you wana just save yourself the effort, you can just put it on usb
or get an rpm kernel (rh7 kernels have usb...)

X 3.3.6 is max 5 buttons i believe, two of which are consumed by
mouse scrolling. X4 has better mouse support.
X apparently only requires three buttons (as in the standard kinda
thing)

So in X for me, the two side buttons are just clones.
Ill go to X4 when glide 2 gets ported sometime soon hopefully

Dean