Re: [SLUG] Extra buttons on the MS mice supported in X?

<quote who="Arunava Sen">

> Just one more thing.... usb mouse... how did you set it up? and what
> kernel and distro(if any) are you using?

You're supposed to tell *us* those things! ;)

 Kernel: 2.4.0-test9 i686
      X: XFree86 4.0.1
 Distro: Debian woody

I can't see why this would be different with the backported USB patches for
the 2.2 kernels.

/dev/mouse is softlinked to /dev/input/mice. You will probably have to
create that device as described in the kernel USB documentation. The
following section is in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4:

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier  "Mouse"
    Driver      "mouse"
    Option      "CorePointer"
    Option      "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
    Option      "Device" "/dev/mouse"
    Option      "BaudRate" "1200"
    Option      "Resolution" "200"
    Option      "Buttons" "7"
    Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

Works very yummily, and there's nothing like the flaming bum of an
Intellimouse Explorer lighting up the room at 3 in the morning. ;)

- Jeff

-- jdub@xxxxxxxxxxx ------------------------------- http://linux.conf.au/ --

      It's depressing to see such useful code wasted on such a useless
                                  license.