Re: [SLUG] Allowing users to write to dos partition.

Michael Lake wrote:

> This option "user" though just allows users to mount /
> unmount the device. The partition is automatically mounted
> when booting - its the permissions I need to change and
> RedHat won't allow me to.

That is what I was saying. root umount, then user mount it and see if
that changes the permissions. There is a process under Redhat that does
this (automounter?) and it jealously guards the permissions. I had the
same problem with floppies. There is an explantion in the archives, but
I can not think of keywords to give you for search, but I think the
answer came from Ken (fountain of knowledge) Yap.

   email: terryc@xxxxxxxxxx  www: http://www.woa.com.au
       or terryc@xxxxxxxxxx
   snail:  PO Box 1047, Campbelltown, NSW 2560.