SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] RARP [On Topic] no blasts....
- To: Sydney Linux Users Group <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] RARP [On Topic] no blasts....
- From: Ken Yap <ken@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed Oct 25 14:55:50 2000
- Reply-to: ken@xxxxxxxxxx (Ken Yap)
>I'm running RedHat 6.1 Kernel 2.2.12-20 and want to try the /etc/ethers file
>when I run `rarp -a` I get "This kernel does not support RARP.".
>Any ideas why?
Probably because you need to compile the RARP option into the kernel?
BOOTP and DHCP seem to be preferred for autoconfig protocols these days,
IIRC RARP is used by some diskless Suns and some old X-terminals.