SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Reinstalling Lilo on a reiserfs system.
- To: Sydney Linux Users Group <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Reinstalling Lilo on a reiserfs system.
- From: Ken Yap <ken@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue Oct 24 15:18:28 2000
- Reply-to: ken@xxxxxxxxxx (Ken Yap)
>So what can I do? I need either a boot disk which will let me mount
>reiserfs partitions, or a way of installing a boot loader without
>mounting the partition that it will be running.
>If it's any help, /boot is a 12 MB ext2 partition. The system itself is
>Mandrake 7.1 with a few patches and updates.
Or you could boot a rescue floppy, make a tmproot in ramdisk, say
/tmp/foo, mount the boot partition under that as /tmp/foo/boot, create a
/tmp/foo/etc/lilo.conf (hope you remember the items required), then run
lilo -r /tmp/foo.