Re: [SLUG] Home network project

I think there is a misunderstanding here.

I think that when they refer to a NIC connecting to the external network,
they are assuming a Cisco or similar intervenes.

In your case I would assume that you only need the one NIC for your
internal network, with the external connection through your ppp
connection.

Unless of course you are using the second NIC to hang a public server (web
or similar) off and thus provide some separation between your public
access network and your internal network.  Often refered to as a DMZ.

--
Howard.
LANNet Computing Associates <http://www.lannet.com.au>